Followers

Monday 23 May 2011

A Challenging Challenge

Starting today  our new challenge was ran last year and proved to be very popular, we are having a CHALLENGING CHALLENGE, at Crafty Cardmaker's Spotlight. We challenge you to challenge yourself. To try something, new, different, step out of your comfort zone, master or at least try a new technique. Please pop over to the blog to get more information. Our prize is from The Stampman, an A4 rubber plate
- Aspets of Design No 31 Flitter and Floral by Kay Carly, (wonder if I can sneak in an entry?) Good luck

Try something new is the idea of the Challenging Challenge, to challenge ourselves . Many will be surprised to see my chosen challenge, for I do NOT DO cute.  The DT have been daring me to give cute a try,  so I did. I didn’t feel any pain or discomfort making the card, for the blow was softened when I found a recently new make of cute stamps, with normal shaped heads and pretty faces. I apologise to those who have a deep affection for the alternative cute I refer to.
Molly Bloom stamps are fairly new, made in the UK, designed in the UK by Clare. I used paper from my craft stash, made the flowers and leaves, used some card candy to decorate. For the ballerina’s skin and hair I used Promarker’s . The remainder I used Distress Inks, as watercolours. Another new experience for me was to use a Pearl Pen, Wow! I am so impressed, the pearls do actually keep their shape, I will be buying more as soon as I can.         


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Looking forward to seeing more 'cute' from you! (And relieved that you've found an alternative to the other 'cute'!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Molly blooms stamps are fabulous Caz I love them! Fab card and great to see you out of your comfort zone but still having fun xx Janet

    ReplyDelete