Followers

Monday 6 June 2011

Parchment is in the Spotlight

For the next two weeks at the Crafty Cardmaker's Spotlight challenge you can have a go at Parchment.
This is probably my fourth attempt at Parchment, I think I’m too heavy with the embossing tool for I invariably end up piercing a hole somewhere. Please don’t look for they will be there, but I do like to try different techniques, which is why I love this challenge group, the girls are so open to trying something out of their own comfort zones. For my parchment attempt, I went to Google, typed in ‘ Free parchment patterns’, found this , which wasn't too hard. I'm not a peel of f person either, but the corners needed a little soemthing. Placed onto rainbow paper. You don’t have to use parchment, vellum gives a nice finish. The aim is to try and to have fun, relax and learn from the challenge. I did.

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty - your embossing looks perfect to me - Jacqueline xx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love this pattern. A tip when embossing, just gently flick the paper, over and over. And occasionally leave the parchment to 'rest' for a bit.
    Jack xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Parchment work always looks so delicate - and I love the shaded background - really sets the flower off beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Caz. You would never be able to tell this was only your fourth attempt.

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete