For many years I have admired the Fat Books I have seen on blogs or the internet in general. I think the time has come in my 'creative journey' to make a Fat Book. Last week I decided to arrange a swap of Fat Pages each month over the next year on the ATC Do Crafts forum, this has made my little grey cells why don't I organise another, totally seperate swap for my blog buddies. Any interest?
If you Google Fat Pages there are some interesting videos.
What is a Fat Page Stamping Swap----
A piece of strong card 4 inches x 4 inches is decorated using stamping to meet the theme/technique given.
On the left side you need to be sure NOT to add any embellishments to the outer 1/2" to allow holes to be punched into the card, to add split rings or cord etc. It can still be painted or decorated.
Don't add the holes to the one you will sending for a swap, they may not fit where the recipient has her rings. Embellishments can be added.
ON THE REVERSE - Remember this will still be seen, add your name, the name of the challenge, the date, plus any details you wish to add- stamp, technique etc. Decorate the back in a subdued way, paper, paint or inks.
You will need to know how I would organise it, here is the rundown.
1. If your in the Do Crafts swap this is a totally seperate swap for BLOG BUDDIES.
2. Each month we will have a theme e.g. October - Halloween and November - Poppies/Remember .
3. Each person willing to join in the swap to let me know by the 2nd of each month if they are joining in the swap for that current month. Please contact by e-mail.
4. When contacting me to confirm your entering, to also add your address for me to pass on to your partner.
Please also indicate whethere your willing to post abroad or not, for me to suitably arrange the swaps.
5. As soon as I have the list of participants, from the emails received, I will form a list, and arrange for partners to swap.
6. I would hope each participant will have completed their part of the swap by the last day of each month.
7. To show on your blog the Fat Page you received. Not the one your sending, hold back the surprise for your partner.
8. Depening on the number of participants, which could be different each month, I will keep a record of who swapped with whom, aiming to get a wide range of swappers for each person.
9. As long as there are 3 participants per month we could go ahead.
10. Any questions please ask in comments for someone else may think of the same question. I will answer all questions in comments.
I eagerly await any comments, questions but expecially to hear if anyone is interested in getting a Fat Book started. thanks for reading all of the above.