Followers

Monday 26 September 2011

Anything but a card

This is our last week at Make My Monday with the monthly theme of Steampunk, the challenge is to now make 'Anything but a card', come on girls, you have been making some awesome pieces of Steampunk, this may take a few more days but be sure to have fun and imagine your an inventor in Victorian days, trying to imagine the future. Please pop over to our blog for the team members have made some absolutely stunning pieces of  steampunk art. I decided to alter a very cheap notebook, you get 5 or 6 for a £1, in Poundand. I love that shop, but then who doesn't? I covered it in papers, stamped and added a few images. the heart and jewels is a piece I actually found in the gutter, when getting out of the car one day, washed it, and thought I'll use that one day, well the day came. Punched a hole through with my Crop-a-dile, secured it with a brad and tape on the back. Added a few cog wheels in her hair. Stamped and punched out NOTES, which I then added Glossy Accents to. A notebook with a difference. I am so looking forward to visiting you all again to see your creations, have fun ladies.

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous notebook Caz and I love the images on there. Lucky find with the heart dangler too, it's really great when that happens.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great work - would make a great gift. Fancy finding that charm in the gutter - I wager before your craft days you would have left it in the gutter lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is amazing what can be purchased in Poundland, isn't it?!!!
    I love to alter inexpensive notebooks (well you know that being a Fashionette) making something look so much prettier.
    Fabulous images and great use of the stamps.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you altered your book, its brilliant, great gutter find as weel. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cover for your notebook Caz, just love your steampunk style.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. FAB--love your colors! They are perfect for the steampunk theme! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your altered notebook Caz, the colours and images are lovely - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very clever Caz! Never thought about restyling a notebook. Thanks for dropping by my blog with kind words! Best, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete