Followers

Friday 9 January 2015

X is for X-periment


Happy New Year from Alphabet Challenge - here we are at letter X - Design Team member Jennifer has thought of a good one for you to play with ---    X-periment. The idea being for you to have a go at a technique, design, something you haven't done before. Have a good play session. For my DT project I have remained fairly simple. Using various blue tones in the Rangers DI range I direct stamped onto a square card. This in itself makes you take a deep breath hoping all goes well.  I used hedgerow plants from Stamps Away.  I have used the technique referred to as Shadow Stamping.
Using one of the same stamps used on the main card, I stamped using Versamark onto a prepared die cut mat, added white detail Embossing powder, heat embossed and cooled the image. Using the same cleaned stamp, I used Chipped Sapphire DI for the shadow, you hover over the white image and move slightly to the right and a touch up, when happy, slowly lower the block and stamp. With good luck and management you should have a perfect shadow stamped.  Why don't you give it a try? I look forward to see what you have X-perimented with. 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors and I love the shadow stamping idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how soft and beautiful Caz! LOVE those butterflies.

    ReplyDelete