Followers

Monday 24 June 2013

Create a Summer Scene

Hello everyone, I'm back to crafting. I have so missed being able to create, but my mind has been elsewhere.  My husband has recently been very ill, but after heart surgery he is now recovering and will hopefully be able to return home soon. My mojo has returned. I would like to thank Jacqueline and the girls on the MMM Design Team for their support and understanding during the last month or so. Back to Business.
This week at Make My Monday,  the challenge chosen is for you to Create a Summer Scene, thank goodness we in the UK are experiencing some warmer days. I made a wall plaque recently for an arranged swap, which I am using for my DT piece, for it's first outing onto my blog, I created this onto a piece of mountboard,  which is the material used when framing pictures etc. I used several of the yellow - orange colours of Distress Inks, stamped for the background a crazy pavement background stamp. and also rubbed  Distress Ink over a piece of bubble wrap, which I pressed onto the board. After drying I started adding the stamps. I used black, Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain, I added a small piece of mountboard to lay on a  butterfly. All, escept the bees, are from Inidgo Blu Meadow and Nature 1. The flowers were made with both a Spellbinder die and a Marianne die for the smaller flowers. Have fun with your project, remember to create a summer scene, which can be any project you wish and of course any size. For fun here is an extra project, 
as an example of a small sized scene. All stamps used are from Hobby Art  Coastal set.


6 comments:

  1. HI Caz, so pleased to hear everything went well with hubby's surgery, Best Wishes for his speedy recovery.
    Love your wall hanging - a great piece.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back Caz, so glad your hubby is on the mend and will be home soon.
    Your mojo is certainly back! with these fabulous projects
    Suzi B xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This would grace anyone's wall and make them think of summer. great colours and lots of interesting elements.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous wall hanging, the colours are gorgeous. The second card is lovely and so useful,
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Caz,
    sorry to read that your OH has had to have surgery. I hope all is going well for his speedy recovery.
    Gorgeous projects today,the hanging is beautiful.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two great pieces, Caz! LOVE the gorgeous oranges you used on the wall hanging! I hope that your husband recovers quickly from surgery!!! HUGS and good luck on all your future endeavors! :)

    ReplyDelete