Followers

Monday 6 November 2023

#213 Lighting the Way


Hello and welcome to my blog. Today we begin a new challenge at Make My Monday. Dawn has chosen #213 Lighting the way. We ask for you to portray light in any form, electric, candle - real or on paper, fairy lights, lamp posts, lanterns, anything with light.  To see the wonderful inspiration by the design team, please visit the blog above. 

I used a white 5 x 7 in. card. I cut and worked on a piece of card approx, 4.5 x 6.6 in. I used Shine Bright Stamps by Shenna Douglass, from the Simply Cardmaking and Paper crafting magazine #224. The techniques I used include stamping on a stamp platform, blending around the edges with DI Blueprint Sketch. Heat embossing the stamped light with white heat embossing powder. A silver glitter pen and grey pencil for the metal part of the bulb. 

I am also showing you another way to full fill the challenge, what about  decorating candles? Below  are 3 candles I decorated a few years ago, which I am only showing as an example. I look forward to viewing your entries of 'Lighting the Way.' Take care, happy crafting. 


 


3 comments:

  1. I love how you showcased the light bulb. Somewhere I have a die of a bulb and I've never used it. Now I may do so as your card inspired some ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, Caz, that's a fabulous light bulb! So fun for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fun card and gorgeous candles, xoxo

    ReplyDelete