Followers

Friday 8 September 2023

Inspired by( L is for Literature)


Hello everyone, How are you? Feeling well, I hope. Today another scorcher, though cooler than yesterday.
We begin a new challenge today at Alphabet Challenges. Veronika has chosen L is for Literature - to be inspired by a book - to be sure to name the bookTo see the inspiration given by the design team, please visit the above blog. 
For my book I chose Count Dracula, I have many books in my mind which have found themselves in my top favourite books list , but it's not easy to find a stamp or similar in the craft world to produce a card, or worse still is it my lack of imagination and creativity:? Since making this card, I have had another 2 ideas.

A 6" white card, a silver Mirri mat and a black mat. On a piece of white card, I  painted  a stormy sky and grass for the  landscape around Whitby Abbey in North Yorkshire, England. The stamp is by Crafty Individuals.  A few small fun bats in the sky, Count Dracula stamp is by Crafty Sentiment Designs. Promarkers used to colour Dracula, who was stamped, coloured and fussy cut, then adhered to the scene. I hope you enjoy the challenge and feel inspired. 



 

2 comments:

  1. What a great dracula-inspired card. I love the castle ruins in the background, and how you worked on the entire scenery. The bats you added are fun indeed, I think they are a perfect to lighten the mood, and they also go well with Dracula himself who in your digi doesn't look as scary as his reputation. Thanks for your great DT work.

    Hugs, Veronika

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, Caz, the theme is not that easy, though quite interesting. I did Pippi Longstocking, and that was all I could think of too. But now, I'm remembering I have the G45 Little Women paper collection, hmmm. I never use my G45, it intimidates me to try. I like your Dracula themed card. Whitby Abbey is such an iconic place, perfect choice for the background and beautifully colored. XOX

    ReplyDelete