Followers

Monday 25 September 2023

Create Your Own Background


 Hello, welcome to my blog. Today we begin a new two weekly challenge at Make My Monday,  Johanna has chosen #210 Create Your Own Background. To see the inspiration from the design team, please visit the blog. 

I created my own background using Washi tape, this is one thing I have loads of, I am such an easy mark when I see any new rolls, love them. I cut a piece of 300 gsm. card for it to fit a 6 x 4 card. I covered all the outer edges with varied Washi tape, to give the illusion of materials draping over a table with the sewing machine in the centre. I used a sheet with a beautiful sewing machine from a Sewing Little Book from Hunkydory. I decoupaged several layers with 3D foam pads from the pages.  Matted the final page onto a gold Mirri mat. added a sentiment from my stash. Enjoy the challenge. 

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea for the washi tape! I always have a hard time thinking of ways to use it, I so have to try this now! Love that vintage featherweight, too - so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card, Caz! I always love your washi backgrounds, too. I have to stop myself from buying more on Amazon. I would give in but the 2 large storage cases I have mine in are full and I refuse to start a third case (so far, hehehe) xoxo

    ReplyDelete