Followers

Tuesday 19 July 2011

Steampunk at Try It On Tuesday

Steampunk! I’m not sure about this very popular genre in the stamping world at present. It seems to be even more popular than cute, so it can’t be too bad, can it? My OH likes it! So, I decided as the challenge this week at Try it On Tuesdays is to make anything in the Steampunk style, I have made a wall hanging for my OH, to be displayed on the wall above his computer area. This is only my second attempt, the first being an ATC which can be found in my labels at ATCs. I decided on a collage format as that seems is one artistic way of displaying as much as one can.
The stamps I used are from various sets:-
Tim Holtz Steampunk CMS107
Creative Expressions – Vintage Aviation
Creative Expressions – Time
Paper used is from TH Vintage Shabby Paper stash
TH Frayed Burlap and Walnut Stain Distress inks, Memento Onyx Black.
Please pop over to the TIOT blog, for there are some outstanding ‘Steampunkers’ on the design team. I look forward to visiting your blogs to see your works of art.
I have just realised I can enter this into The Stampman challenge this fortnight for Anything by T!m!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Caz this is beautiful I like steam punk there is so much scope to it and I love what you have come up with
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caz,,,its fantastic! Its a great theme too.....can be interpreted anyway you like (I think so anyway!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caz, Wow, well out of your comfort zone and it looks fantastic. Hope the poorly shoulder is lots better by now. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uhooi,,
    It works great, beautiful and creative,,

    Uhooi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fab Caz and love the challenge combinations too! thanks for joining the Stamp man again this week x Janet

    ReplyDelete