Followers

Monday 9 January 2012

An Animal Challenge

Continuing our month of NATURE at MAKE MY MONDAY, this week we would like to see Animals.  Any size, pet or wild, the choice is yours. Please rememebr this is not a samping challenge so you could use any of your CD's or decoupage sheets to make a card. Also any form of a project is acceptable, a card, a tag, a scrapbook LO. Please check the rules on the challenge blog. Also the remainder of the team, have some really cute animals for you to see. I look forward to visiting you to see your animal choices.
I was fortunate some time ago to buy 4 x La Blanche stamps of African animals, I decided to stamp the Zebras for this challenge. All of the colouring was completed using several TH Distress inks as watercolours.
I stamped the Zebras first onto white card. The watercolour technique I use is achieved by, stamping your chosen colour either onto a white tile or an acrylic stamping block with a piee of white paper underneath, which helps you to see the ink on the see through block. I use a large brush, spritz some water onto the ink.
I then covered all the lower area, below the hills with Peeled paint, the mountains with Frayed Burlap, the foreground with Bundled Sage, the grass was stamped with Forest Moss, using some grass stamps I bought on E Bay. Once dry I then re-painted some areas to give more shading.
The sky was first watercoloured with Mustard Seed, dried, then Dried Marigold, at this stage I made a circle template, punching out a circle onto a piece of card, plced over where I needed it. Stamped the top part of the Zebra's head onto a post it note, covered the area within the sun. I then used Barn Door, less diluted than the previous areas, to paint the reddish sun. removed the mask and template. Once dry, I added more water to the Barn door and smeared the sky. I allowed this to dry then brushed over all of the sky with clear water to dilute over strong colours. the birds stamped when dry, are from Inkylicious.I have added the details of how I achieved the background, as requested by craft a scene, I hadn't originally for I thought it ight be just a bit too much information to read, however, I realise there are some who may be wondering.
I am also entering this card into Craft-a-Scene, I don't know whether it will be okay for sadly I don't have any Scenescape stamps which is their main aim.
Crafty Anne's Challenge Blog - Let's Think Hot!

19 comments:

  1. A great scene! I love your color scheme, too! Have a great week. Best, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fab card and absolutely perfect for our challenge at Crafty Ann's - thank you for joining us.
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous image and great colours used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Caz, I adore the colours on your card and those are really gorgeous stamps. I entered the Craft a scene challenge without any Scenescapes and it was ok! I've had some lovely words of encouragement from them too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Caz, this is a fabulous scene. It would be great for our readers if you explained how you achieved the background look. We all like to learn and you have done something special here. Thanks for joining us at Craft a Scene with our very first challenge. NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Caz - love your zebras - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Caz! It is a wonderful scene and I appreciate the instructions. NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an incredible scene! Love how you've done your background!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Craft A Scene!
    Sheree

    ReplyDelete
  9. An absolutely wonderful card Caz. The scene is absolutely gorgeous and done so well it's very realistic.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fantastic scene Caz, so beautifully put together.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Caz, that's a fabulous scene, love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this scene,beautiful sunset and awesome animals.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think this is genius and gorgeous! LOVE the technique that you've used--fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Caz, fabulous animal card love the Zebra.
    Suzi B x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, this is a great card! Love all the info you gave to us, so much to learn!
    Thanks for sharing, Anja

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is fabulous - love your watercolour technique.

    Hugs
    Valxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is great!
    Thanks for explaining the background!
    Soon as I get some DI I'll try it!
    I too, entered the Craft a Scene challenge without using a Stampscape stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  18. absolutley gorgeous!!!!! Thanks for joing us at Craft A Scene!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous colour scheme- so vibrant! The perfect background for the monochromatic zebras. Great to see you at the Craft a scene challenge Shaz xx

    ReplyDelete