Followers

Monday 7 May 2012

A White Flower

I hope everyone enjoyed my choices for the Man and Boy theme during April at Make My Monday. For May, the theme of the month will be FLORAL, chosen by our team member Suzi B. For this week, the birth flower for May has been chosen, the Lily of the Valley, but if you don't manage this, then an alternative is any white flower. For my card I decided upon Morning Glory which sounds better than it's common name, which I know as Bindweed. I stamped onto a piece of white vellum, dried the ink. On the reverse the areas I wanted white, I embossed with an embossing tool, which stretches the vellum to show white on the reverse side. I coloured the other areas with 3 shades of green Promarkers. The vellum was attached to a piece of white card and green card with a couple of brads. Matted onto a white 5" x 7" card, with a piece of pretty green ribbon. I didn't add a sentiment for this is a general card which can be used for many occasions which will be added to the insert when I need it. Have fun, please pop over and join in the challenge, I am sure you will enjoy our Floral month.

Morning Glory stamp from Elusive Images (Chocolate Boroque).

10 comments:

  1. A really lovely card Caz and love the soft colours with the beautiful floral stamp. Great idea to stamp on vellum too as it gives such a lovely effect.
    Hope you've had a good Bank Holiday.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card Caz, love embossed vellum

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. A truly beautiful card Caz, so soft an elegant. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful, great image and wonderful coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This isn't morning glory Caz - it's convulvulous otherwise known as bindweed and a right royal pain for gardeners! Morning glory is blue and really pretty and not aggressive like the bindweed. (Just in case you wanted to know!) I love your card - what a clever way of 'colouring' your flowers! It makes them look very delicate and pretty although the gardener in me is having none of it! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a gorgeous card Caz and to be perfectly honest I was thinking what Vicky said however after looking through one of my books I not only found the more common blue Morning Glory but a fabulously large and blousey white version exactly like your card. And not only that they can be red, pink, mauve and even chocolate so many uses for your gorgeous stamp Caz! - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to Vicky and Jacqueline, for the name of the flower, I am no gardener as you will have guessed. I know it being called bindweed, does describe it perfectly. Caz

      Delete
  7. A gorgeous card, love the image and the clean, crisp colour scheme. Hugz, Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beauty ... love the delicate colouring. Wishes, Suzanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOw what a beauty a really stunning interprtation of the brief.Sue

    ReplyDelete