Followers

Monday 8 April 2013

Create Own Background

It's time at Make My Monday for you all to get messy, we would like you to CREATE YOUR OWN BACKGROUND. If your a regular visitor to my blog you may remember a recent card I added which had been created using Shaving Foam and Inks.  (here)  I did warn you there would be more to come. This all came about from a request at my card class. It had been a year or so, since I had used the technique. More details are on my blog as mentioned above. Plus don't forget the many videos available on You tube. 
I digress - I asked my hubbie to go to Morrison's where they are selling Shaving Foam at 26p a can, yes, it's true. He went to the self service machine with 10 cans, the shop assistant there looked at him and smiled. He turned round and said "My wife uses a lot!". I still to this day, don't know if he is winding me up or not.
N.B. UK is Shaving Foam US is Shaving Cream
Back to business - in the shaving foam, I added a few drops of Mustard Seed and Peeled Paint Refill Inks.
The background paper here is the result, I also stamped the flowers from Sheena Douglass onto a second generation sheet from the foam. Added a few stamped leaves and a couple of die cuts to embellish. The greeting stamp is from Hobby Art Ltd. Have fun, you don't have to get messy, but I find it can be great fun. 

7 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card, Cas - love the shaving foam background (haven't tried that one yet!) and the flowers are fab. A real spring look.
    Hugz, Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Caz... your post made me chuckle. I love the shaving foam tecnique but dont often use it... but I will be off to Morrisons.. tee hee.
    Lovely card!
    Suzi B xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Caz, you have make me laugh, thank you. I love your background - beautiful colours.
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caz your card is stunning!!, the black is so effective on the shaving foam background. I love it

    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Caz your post will have me laughing all day about the ten cans lol

    Wonderful card you have made with this super background

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous Caz. I still haven't got round to trying the shaving foam thingy - must get to Morrison's first I guess.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Caz, this is absolutely brilliant! LOVE the sunshiney yellow and gorgeous flowers! HUGS to you! :)

    ReplyDelete