Followers

Tuesday 25 October 2011

The Craft Barn Calendar Challenge July

 
My third post today
It is now the seventh week of the Calendar Challenge over at The Craft Barn, this week I have found so much easier than last week's, for finding turquoise was very difficult.  Yet, Lilac and/or Purple with /without some Dry Embossing has been more fun. Thanks ladies for an easy week.  I used an Embossing folder on a piece of cream card. Used a brush to apply Dusty Concord TH Distress Ink over the card. Added a few purple jewels in the flowers. Added my calendar onto a piece of Crafty Cards paper, the same paper which the main image is matted onto. I added a home made flower, the instructions can be found for Spiral Roses on my tutorial blog. Finally added some lilac gingham and plain purple ribbon.


13 comments:

  1. Lovely page love the rose will be checking out the tutorial x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful page, love the textured background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love your page, its gorgeous rose. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, love the soft tone you have achieved. Fab rose!
    Avrilxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi
    That rose is stunningly beautiful, gorgeous addition to your page.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great embossing folder and a gorgeous rose. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very pretty page & I love the rose.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found this weeks just as hard as the turquoise. Really struggled on a concept for the page. Love yours. Especially your flower and thanks for tutorial on how to make them. Will certainly use it in a future project. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Cazro,

    I cannot answer your question via the mail, as you have a no-reply blogger account.
    If you'd like to know how to change that, I can tell you.

    To answer your question:
    Teykol is used as a resist, I think you can only buy it here in Holland, from Art Journey,

    if you'd like, I can find out from Louise (Art Journey) whether she also sells it somewhere else....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous calendar page Caz. Love the colours and embossing and the beautiful rose.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great page, the shade of purple, the background, the wonderful rosette!

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful calendar !! love the flower.
    Thanks for playing with us
    isa

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's lovely, pretty flower and a great embossed background with subtle colouring, love it, Gay xx

    ReplyDelete