Followers

Thursday 20 October 2011

My Halloween Book - Front Cover

Some time ago I spent more hours than I intended, on U-tube,  looking at all of the marvellous, Halloween books which are so amazing and full of detail, most, I believe, made by American ladies. Halloween, for we in the UK has not been such a celebrated event in the past, though in the craft world, we seem to pick up what is going on over the pond, eventually. I have always loved Halloween, even in the pathetic way we used to recognise it. I only wish now we had celebrated it as actively when I was a young girl or even when my boys were young enough to enjoy it. This is probably why I so much wanted to make a Halloween book, for no one in particular,  none of my grandchildren, this book is for ME!  I am hoping I will get some photos of my grandchildren over the coming years to add to the pages and tags. I have managed to complete a number of pages but I am nowhere near where I want to be. I'll probably get it finished for next Halloween.
The Front Cover above,  measures 9" x 7", so it's not small.  I covered several sheets of cereal packets with some fabulous papers Damask Black paper. At the local £1 shop I bought the hanging skeleton (see pic below)  I could cut off his arm, glued it to the front of the book, then  attached some of the  black and orange muslin to the cover, added a circle of lace, added a button. The Spooky title is cut from a sheet of Hocus Pocus paper. I ordered a fair bundle of 12 x 12 designer papers from Craft Emporium who are based on the Isle Of Man, I would like to congratulate them on their fantastic and expediant service. I made some fancy corners with the Metal magic from Debbie Moore. I hope by now your wanting to see inside.
The £1 Skeleton ( actually it's only a skull and two arms, covered in muslin) -  is perfect.
 I'll show you and tell  all about the inside of the Front Cover tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. Ooooh this looks interesting can't wait for tomorrow... It looks spookily elegant.
    Suzi B xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fact that you have added lace to this Caz, it's a great book cover.
    Have a great weekend.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fantastic Carole and I just love that skeleton x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous project Caz, will look out for more pages. this cover is great. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete