Followers

Friday 31 May 2024

Embossing


 Hello and welcome to my blog. Today we begin a new challenge in our Alphabet Challenges.  Lynda has chosen E is for Embossing Wet or Dry,   (Maybe new crafters are not sure what wet or dry means. I will add the difference in these two techniques at the end of this post. ) To see the design team's inspirations please visit the blog. 

I  used a tall slimline card, with a black card mat. I have had three 3D Embossing folders for well over a year, none ever used. I have been unsure on what plates to use in my electric machine and hadn't a clue or the courage to try to create the right shim for my greatly loved and well used Cuttlebug. With patience and  determination I slowly built up to the right shim, in the Cuttlebug  and succeeded in producing an embossed Lisa Horton Slimline Collection 3D Embossing Folder - Ditsy Florals using gold Mirri card.  The final additions to the card were black crystal gem stones and a Happy die cut and a Just my Type - Birthday sentiment both from Hunkydory.  Have fun and I hope you enjoy using your embossing powders or embossing folders. 

N. B. for Newbies. 

Wet Embossing techniques, isn't actually a true description, because nothing gets liquid wise  'Wet'. this method is stamping an image with a sticky pad, e.g. Versamark. Adding embossing powder, which sticks to the 'wet' stamped image. Excess powder is tipped off, The design is dried using a heat tool. 

Dry embossing   is adding paper,  card or similar into an embossing folder, which is ran through an embossing machine, either by hand or in an electric machine. This will emboss or deboss the design onto the inserted paper of choice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment