Followers

Wednesday 17 October 2012

Sketch #3 at Addicted to Stamps and More

Well, it's Sketch Week 3 at Addicted to Stamps and More, I enjoy working with sketches. I will be honest, and say I didn't at one time, but I have found they are inspirational, I find I design cards in a way I may never have previously thought of and being honest, how many of us need to sometimes venture from our comfort zones. Here is my interpretation of the above sketch, but please do look at our blog for there are some fabulous samples from the design team.
Apart from the greeting there is no stamping on this card, which is, for me, moving from my comfort zone.
I embossed the background on a pink card, then matted onto dark brown paper. Placed the picture from Crafty Individuals in the centre, First framed and raised with foam pads a fancy die-cut square, then a smaller die cut square to complete the frame. Added pearls for a feminine touch. Looking forward to seeing how you have been inspired by the sketch. 

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card simple but very elegant. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very pretty card Caz, like the fancy die cut and the pearls

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Caz, Hope all is well. Beautiful card. The die cuts make such a lovely frame for your CI image.
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Caz. Love the embossing and die cutting. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely gorgeous Caz I love the vintage feel and the dies are so pretty.
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very elegant, Caz. Just gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in love with that die cut - so elegant with that image. Beautiful card Caz!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautifl and very romantic card and fabulous take on the sketch, I adore that super image and the tones are so delicate here.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete