Followers

Thursday 18 May 2023

Backgrounds


Hello, thanks for your visit. Today we begin a new challenge at Cardz 4 Galz. Johanna has chosen 
#199 Backgrounds. To see the wonderful inspiration from the design team please visit the blog.

I decided to to use a 5 x 7 in  card. I matted with a black card, then placed a white piece of paper on the matted background. With a 6" ruler I drew staight lines in different directions to create a patchwork style of pieces. When the pieces were cut out, I trimmed some areas to allow the black mat to be seen. Using the pieces I cut out matching pieces of mirri and glitter card. These pieces were glued in place to create a shiny and glittered background. I die cut the sentiment from Hunkydory - Shine Bright. This was my first attempt at this technique and like all new techniques, you learn along the way, practice does make it right. I am sure my next card like this will improve. Thanks for visiting and take care. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment