Followers

Wednesday 1 May 2013

# 43 Addicted to Colour


This is our 43rd challenge already, doesn't time go quickly? Here we are at Addicted to Stamps and More
and it is our week to challenge you with Colour, see the three colours above, you need to use all 3, of course not the exact named colours but as near as possible.  We the Design team, are also challenged, for we don't know what surprises our wonderful leader Kylie is going to put forward. I found this one difficult, I'll be honest for I am more a dirty, grungy creator, I don't often use such light bright colours, maybe I should  jump out of my comfort box more often, what do you think? Please pop over to the main blog for the DT have created some super samples for you.
I started by rubbing onto a piece of white card, with Faded Jeans (Blue), Worn Lipstick (Pink) and Wild Honey (Orange) I blended them all together, hence in some areas it looks green, combo of the blue and orange blended together. I heat embossed the dragonfly directly onto the card and separately onto card. I used H20's to colour the dragonfly. the stamped sentiment is from Indigo Blu, the dragonfly from Sheena Douglass and the small background flower from La Blanche stamps. Hope you like it, will be popping around to visit you, have fun with your creation, remember anything goes in the required colours.


14 comments:

  1. Hi Caz. This is gorgeous!! I love the blended colors for the background ... and definitely they are much more subtle when they are sponged. It makes the most beautiful backdrop for your gorgeous dragonfly and lovely sentiment. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you made those colors fit your own style so beautifully. I'm envious that you know and are so comfortable with your style. I'm still trying to figure out what mine is exactly :o) Hugs D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that I push our comfort zones. Believe me, I don't really like colour challenges lol. You have created a stunning card, Caz!! You really should jump out of your comfort zone because when you do, you rock it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Caz. Beautiful! Love the softer version of these colours. It never even entered my head to try that. Must remember that one. It is always great fun to step out your comfort zone now and again and see where it takes you.
    Take care,
    Florence xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of the colours Caz and the image is super.

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Caz, I love the background you've created with the colours given.

    Sue T x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous, Caz, beautiful colours,
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card!! I love the sponged background, those are one of my favorite backgrounds... And the sentiment is so beautiful too. A really inspirational make!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely background Caz and beautiful sentiment,that's a fabulous dragonfly too,in all a beautiful card and I love the blend of colours

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, Caz. Great inking and stamping to create a lovely soft background.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the way you've made these colours muted Caz, looks wonderful with the dragonfly:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Caz, love this background, you have blended it perfectly and great heat embossing x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fab card Caz, the stamped background and dragonfly are stunning, and the colour tones are lovely

    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is one of my favorite sentiments ever and all of your color blending looks absolutely gorgeous with it!

    ReplyDelete