Followers

Friday 4 November 2011

The Craft Barn Calendar - No 8

It is week 8 at the Craft Barn Calendar Challenge, so the month is August. The challenge is a deep/dark colour with circles/dots. Believe it or not it has taken me from last Saturday till today to think of a colour and a theme. The reason being I would normally for August, do a sunny seaside scene or sunny colours,  a challenge indeed this has been for me. Moving my mind from summer, I then thought dark blue - underwater, will still look okay in the summer. Eventually I got the idea! A selection of dark greens and blue TH Distress Inks to colour the background. A stamped and gold embossed mermaid, a cut out gold fish, several stickies for the sea bed, plus some stamped shells and some small real shells from a charity shop shell necklace bought at least ten year ago for embellishments in my Mermaid' Grotto please pop over to say hello to Miranda, she always welcomes visitors. Oh, yes the dots and circles, punch out circles of holographic paper for bubbles. Odd bits of cut up wool for foilage. Can't wait to see what the challenge is for next week.

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful Caz! I love the underwater theme with mermaids, always so magical...and those bubbles look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I'm not the only one that struggled with August. Bubbles never crossed my mind. This is brilliant. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caz, it's a wonderful calendar page, love the sea side feeling. Reminds of all those summers spend on Fehmarn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant! Love your theme this time, great collage effect too, Gay xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much to look at and so much fun, great page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just getting into the calendar challenge and I love the style of yours, a page for each month
    Von xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You nailed it!! great idea to do an deep ocean theme
    thanks for playing
    isa

    ReplyDelete