Followers

Monday 7 November 2011

It's beginning to look like Christmas at MMM

Here we are, at Make My Monday, our first challenge in November, which should be no surprise, for we are going to be asking for challenges related to Christmas. The challenges this month have been chosen by Suzi B. I would like to welcome MYNETTE, a regular participant in our challenges, who for the next month will be our Guest Designer, a regular new feature of the blog, pop over for more details. To set the snowball rolling, the first week is Vintage/Distressed.  The card I decided to make is a Victorian style but with a modern twist. The backing paper is from last year or even beyond by Papermania.  I stamped the image using an unusual stamp, in that it is as round as you see, no cutting involved. I coloured it with pencils, water coloured a few areas. Decoupaged the snowman and litle bog to give more dimension. I added glitter glue on lots of the snow areas, not sure if it shows but I think it will if you enlarge it. This was matted onto the same blue card as the main card, then comes the modern twist, it was layered onto a CD, you know those that keep appearing in newspapers and through your letter box - how's that for re-cycling?
The stamp is from La Blanche, I get mine from QVC, though they are starting to appear on E-bay. please pop over to our blog and have a go. The remainder of the Design Team have made some fabulous cards to inspire you. Looking forward to visiting your blogs again. Don't forget about the DT call, check it out on the blog, you have until November 15th. Good luck to all who apply.
I am entering this into Cards for Men  - Christmas  challenge,
ABC Christmas  for Vintage

13 comments:

  1. Caz...I just love your card. An unusual way to display a beautful image. I too use lots of my old papers tooooooo....have fallen in love again with some of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those papers are just perfect for setting this image off. A wonderful card Caz!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, was wondering where you got your gorgeous stamp. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful and unique! What a wonderfully fabulous holiday card!!! I love the coloring--it's amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. great card, Thanks for coming to join us at ABC Christmas Challenge for our Vintage Challenge, I hope you can come play again soon you can enter as many times as you like per challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

    Ps I have candy on my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that's wonderful, I adore the image.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You certainly achieved a victorian feel with a modern twist - lovely.
    Thanks for taking part at Cards For Men - hope to see you again.
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Caz, what an adorable card. Love the image and the recycled CD! Best, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  9. I realy like this vintage image, great idea to use the CD for an icy reflection.
    Suzi B xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a fabulous piece of art, love your use of the CD.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card Caz - fab icy colours - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card,love the image and your papers and colours are lovely...Thanks for joining in with us at Cards for Men....
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your vintage feel image Caz and mounting it onto a CD is a fab touch! Vx

    ReplyDelete